Croda wins World Sustainability Award for ‘Business of the Year’
We are delighted to share that we have been awarded the World Sustainability Award for ‘Business of the Year’.
The World Sustainability Awards is a global platform celebrating excellence in corporate and social sustainability. The awards are organised by Sustainability Leaders, a global network for CSOs and ESG executives designed to accelerate sustainability initiatives, from significantly reducing carbon emissions to embedding diversity and inclusion into an organisation’s culture.
There were 12 awards categories aiming to commend all possible functions of business. 73 companies were shortlisted in the 12 categories, including awards for Sustainable Technology (awarded to Siemens Gamesa), Circular Economy (awarded to sugoº), Diversity & Inclusion (awarded to Walgreens), and many others.
We are extremely proud of this achievement which is a testament to our notable ambition to become the most sustainable supplier of innovative ingredients and is a collective effort of all Croda employees, working towards becoming Climate, Land and People Positive by 2030.
Croda has been recognised and awarded for our commitment to delivering a positive social impact through the following areas:
- Ensuring fair pay – committing to pay all employees worldwide a living wage
- Promoting health and wellbeing – contributing to the development of vaccines and supplying quality ingredients for sunscreen
- Achieving gender balance – improving recruitment practices and providing development opportunities to ensure a 50:50 split between men and women in management roles by 2030
- Improving more lives – through volunteering and philanthropic giving
We have already made significant achievements and commendable progress in the area of social impact in 2020 including:
- Providing the equivalent of 50m doses worth of excipients for the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccination
- A 19% increase in the number of women in leadership roles in 2020 and a 40% increase in the number of women in direct production roles since 2018
- The donation of almost 1,400 hours of employee volunteering time in 2020, 24% of which was spent on STEM activities
We are extremely honoured to be recognised for the work we have done so far and are inspired to continue paving the way with our sustainability efforts.
Our 2030 Commitment
Croda was founded on the principle of using smart science to turn bio-based raw materials into innovative ingredients that help to improve lives. Learn more about Our Commitment to be Climate, Land and People Positive by 2030.