Croda Plex is a three-step formulation system that was created to meet the rapidly growing consumer demand for bond multipliers. Bond multipliers’ appeal comes from the fact that the damage-inducing colouring and bleaching process breaks hair bonds. The popularity of bond multipliers is driven by their claims to effectively mitigate this damage and rebuild bonds broken during this process. This unprecedented appeal has resulted in tremendous growth for bond multipliers, which experienced a 525% sales increase between 2014 and 2015*.
1. Steps 1 and 2 increase colour washfastness over the commercial benchmark over 15-wash cycles
2. After a single application of the Step 3 formula, hair strength is improved by 85% over the control
- Crodasone™ Cystine is a copolymer of the amino acid cysteine and a silane that covalently bonds to hair to impart conditioning benefits
- Keravis™ PE is a powerful hair strengthening active capable of both penetrating the cortex and forming a protective film on the surface of the hair, Keravis™ PE provides multi-faceted protection against breakage by acting on the tensile, bending and surface properties of the hair
- Crodazosoft™ DBQ delivers superior softening, even on aged hair, while defending against cuticle abrasion and helping to protect artificial colour.
*Kline and Company 2016